Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Paul's Movie Award....


Those of you that know me know that I am a huge movie fan, I love watching movies and have seen my share of movies that are complete garbage and some that are thought provoking and yet some more that touch the soul. Now despite my love for the movies I do not watch Oscars, as it seems to me very pretentious time, where celebrities or as I call them people, put on a circus that could have fed a small country. Now without me ranting and that aside, I did check online to see which movies won...

I am extremely happy that Crash won best picture. It is a story which covers 36-hour period in LA as the lives of people of many races collide in a way that highlights bigotry, but I think it also does much more, Matt Dillon's character for example shows racist tendencies, but at the same time shows value for life, we see that that none of the characters are one dimensional, and cannot be simply dismissed as a racist which Matt Dillon's character was, but there is always much more behind what we first assume of the person, all the characters lives present to us an ability to be horrible and good almost at the same time...how human is that. I think Crash connected on many levels. I think it was very human...I am not sure if that is good or bad, but its real. It was a powerful film.

A disappointment that I felt that this movie did not win anything is Munich. Another powerful story of hate and the pursuit of justice...it was a moving movie when watching you see justice and law and evil and hate all blur in a cause, another very powerful story of evil, good, and the personal toll that the assassination mission takes on the people involved, another powerful film...

So I guess all that I am saying if you haven't seen Crash or Munich, I highly recommend it.

9 comments:

Incoming... said...

you should do more of this dude
I would trust your take on this stuff and it would help me
big thumbs up for CRASH even though the language does get n the way of making it a totally sanctionable flick to my youth group...
...you know parents...
...i am one...

Paul Morgun said...

Thanks Dale, I will post more on movies I like and dislike, although I do watch alot of movies which includes ones I dislike for which I recieve alot of flack from a certain FISH...

Gil said...

If I was this 'fish' I would resent the fact that I always got dragged into conversations that I wasn't a part of.

Paul Morgun said...

It's true, you are that fish...and its only cause you are such a big part of my life.

Incoming... said...

oh come on gil you love it

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
»

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Wifi handheld pos barcode and creditcard reader de Cpu takt after installing sharepoint portal server web development

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »