Tuesday, April 18, 2006

heaven

We have just returned from Calgary. And I had way to much stuff on my mind not to post some here. What an amazing experience this trip really was. We worked at the Calgary Drop In and Rehab Center, we volunteered at Salvation Army, we put on children's carnival's we handed out sandwiches and juice on Easter Sunday downtown and what about all this, well I was the one being served this weekend, my goal was to go with my youth and serve the less fortunate in Calgary, as it turned out, I was served in the most wonderful way. I was taught lesson's about joy, selflessness, giving and much more from the people we were suppose to serve, from my youth and good people from the Dalhousie church...I will post some of our pictures here soon and tell more stories. But the gift that I received was seeing Jesus this weekend.


PS- on another random note we met DAVE KING...in Drumheller...got his picture taken with me, spoke to him about coaching hockey in Russia, about Evgeni Malkin (prob best player not playing in the NHL)...was soooo sweet...sooo sweet....i guess that makes up for cheering for the worst NHL team in Canada...

4 comments:

wibs said...

SOunds like it went well. Good to hear man.

Soryy about your nuks man... I really feel bad for... oh sorry... I gotta run... Oilers are playing in the playoffs.

bye!

Incoming... said...

kinda makes matthew 25 come alive?!

Gil said...

Worst NHL team in Canada...hmmm... I think the Leafs and Canucks should have a one game playoff to determine that noble title.

On second thought, you're right. The Canucks are the worst.

Anonymous said...

What a great site »