Monday, December 04, 2006

Christmas time...


I love this time of the year. Now I know how we all feel about shoveling the snow and the -27 C is not always the greatest temperature to wake up too. But I find this time to be just so exciting, maybe it's seeing family and friends, maybe because people try to act more civil towards each other. There is just something in the air. I am not going to go on the rant of all the things wrong with consumerism and greed and all that other junk that happens at this time. What I find amazing is that despite ALL that, there is something special about this time. People sense it, no matter how they show it...at least I find this true in my life. I love Christmas time!!!

2 comments:

Sarah Gingrich said...

I agree! Though it is something to get used to celebrating Christmas in Chile....it's time for planting flowers, mowing lawns, setting up wading pools; roses blooming everywhere. Christmas here means it's watermelon and strawberry time, nectarines and peaches, cherries and grapes and swimming at the beach. I find it extremely difficult to get motivated to do crafty Christmas things because I don't have nasty weather keeping me inside. Though I do remember those SK winters (shudder)....

Paul Morgun said...

How dare you speak of such heavenly things as watermelon and strawberries at this time...how dare you sir...i mean madam....