Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Music to ponder...


I am sitting here at 'The Broadway Roastery' having coffee working on my LC report, and planning Wednesday night, and am amazed at the music that they are playing. It's Christmas time and there are so many classics that are being played, such as Boney M's Mary's Boy Child, and the like, but there are also so MANY new artists signing Christmas songs, I am amazed at how many remakes there really are, with current pop and rock stars signing about the birth of Christ. Now the cynic in me says, yup they will make money anyways they can. But there is something significant (I think at least) in having airways filled with acknowledgements of the birth of Christ, I am not talking about any kind of evangelism or anything of the sort, just songs being sung by 'rock stars' and people that we listen to everyday, about the event that occurred 2000 some years ago... I don't know why but it 'feels' very significant right now...

No comments: