Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Some quotes from Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell

Reading Velvet Elvis here are some quotes that I am liking:

"A Christian doesn't avoid the questions; a Christian embraces them. In fact, to truly pursue the living God, we have to see the need for questions."

"What's disturbing is when people talk more about hell after this life than they do about hell here and now. As a Christian, I want to do what I can to resist hell coming to earth. Poverty, injustice, suffering- they are all hells on earth and as Christians we oppose them with all our energies."

"I cannot lead people somewhere I am not trying to go myself."

2 comments:

Timothy Nightingale said...

i replied to your comment on my page about raising the bar.... i like whathe has to say about the garden of eden...

Nick Boschman said...

fantastic book indeed, he presents a very refreshing perspective to the intensity that can sometimes accompany theological discussions