Monday, March 12, 2007

Nebula's of Emotions...

Have you ever been filled with array of emotions in the same day, same hour that turn and twist in most unpredictable ways? And I am not talking about emotions that you have in sporting events or cheering something or someone on...not superficial stuff that really has no bearing... but stuff that just twists you and takes you for a ride, and you are not even sure why or where you are going. I have felt that way recently, I have been feeling it lots. I can't explain it, its like your a passenger on a ride that horrifies you and at the same time bring absolute joy, one moment it is discouraging then next you feel on top of the world? Where does that come from, what is this nebula's of emotions?

Tomorrow I might be going to a silent retreat in the city with my laptop and bury my self in sermon prep, on 2 Cor. 6:14-7:1 that Jeff has given me: entangling alliances...perhaps i will call it, or maybe: stop yoking...

3 comments:

Timothy Nightingale said...

you have my vote on stop yoking

Anonymous said...

Oh Paul, you are such a yoker!

Sarah Gingrich said...

Well I guess you can empathize with women a lot more now...the hormonal swings of PMS and pregnancy are a lot like that. Like this morning, I woke up with morning sickness and thought bitterly "what have we done? this? for 7 more months??? Arggg!" And then I'm off in "happy mother land" thinking of the little one to come with joy. This is probably odd advice, but you probably need to take Jessica and the kids, get on a flight to Hawaii, and go lounge on the beach sipping coconuts for a week. No phone calls, no email, no blogging; just sand, waves, coconuts. If you go, call us, we'll meet you there. Har har.