Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Velvet Elvis...

So today I stayed home, and finished reading Velvet Elvis, Repainting the Christian Faith, it was a wonderful read, and many things that I personally connect with what Rob talks about in our daily walk our faith and our outlook and involvement in the world around us. But I also found an incredible critique of the book by Dr. Ben Witherington, who affirms Rob and his ministry, affirms Rob's thoughts but also corrects certain areas of translation and thinking. I would recommend reading both the book and the critique, which you can find here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful... Mr. Ken Silva is on his way....

Anonymous said...

Be careful... Mr. Ken Silva is on his way....

Paul Morgun said...

From the little that I know about Ken Silva is that he needs to chill a bit...my question is who is this anonymous...

Anonymous said...

its your fancy footed forward.. i just thought i would leave you in suspense, plus i dont want him going to my blog

Brian said...

You'll have to check out Sex God, not to mention Witherington's review of it as well. I'm only 20 pages in, and if you listen to Rob's sermons, much of it is familiar, so I can say with some confidence that Sex God is a good read too.

As for Silva...best to just ignore him.