Monday, March 26, 2007

A weekend of much...

So this weekend I had a great friend fly out from Calgary, to hang out, and be part of huge street hockey charity tournament for new pediatric hospital wing, there were 35+ teams and we went undefeated to the A finals, where we lost in a SHOOTOUT...grrr...and how do you do a street hockey shoot out, well don't ask me I had the worst attempt of them all...but over all the weekend was unreal and lots of fun, we played 50 minute games, in a tournament that went all day all night and the following day which means I can't walk today!






But it was awesome seeing old friends and making new ones.

Also this weekend Rob Bell's book SEXGOD, exploring the endless connections between sexuality and spirituality came in and I am so pumped to read it, here is a quote from the introduction:

"You can't talk about sexuality without talking about how we were made. And that will inevitably lead you to who made us. At some point you have to talk about God."

So looking forward to resting my broken body and relaxing by reading this book...

6 comments:

wibs said...

A most excellent weekend it most defiantly was!

I was just wondering, do you have a name for your shootout moves?

If i try them in real hockey i want people to know what they are called!

haha

Paul Morgun said...

I believe it called crumpling like an old paper bag...

Timothy Nightingale said...

what happened? did you make a mistake??? is this the same Paul that used to be my youth pastor?

Paul Morgun said...

yeah you can call it a mistake, or maybe an epic disaster that looked like I was a writhing lunatic doing the tango using a hockey stick as martial-arts partner...

Anonymous said...

Hey did all the snow melt or what? I mean it's still 30 degrees here...
- Luke

Paul Morgun said...

Hey Luke, yeah everything is melting[ed] and is in the beautiful color of brown...ahh Saskatchewan!