Thursday, October 25, 2007

Holy Ground...

Today I had a lunch meeting with one of my graduated youth. It was our usual meeting, catching up, telling stories, laughing together, sharing and encouraging, it was awesome. He has brought a lot of joy in to my life, seeing him grow and mature.

We talked about faith we talked about life and ups and downs. And then I prayed as I normally do at the end of the meeting and then something amazing happened. See I often pray with my youth after we meet, always during whether out loud or not depends. But this time an amazing thing happened, at the end of the prayer he prayed for me; I have been prayed for before I have spent a lot of time in prayer times with people. But this was different, he prayed for me, his care and love poured out, and it warmed my heart so deeply. There have been a lot of significant markers in my faith journey and today was another, I am not sure how this prayer was different then other prayers that I have heard, or been part of, but I know that his love and concern came through very clearly and it gripped my heart. It was amazing being prayed for by one of your youth, I don't know even how to explain it, it was unexpected, it was real, and God was all the sudden there, present with us and his love poured out to me through Brent...and we found ourselves on Holy Ground...I am going to treasure that moment...

No comments: