Friday, October 05, 2007

Hope and Love...


Hope has been on my mind a lot recently, we have been discussing our Christian hope in youth and in my personal study it has been something that has been taking a lot of my thinking space.
Hope is more the our desire for injustice to stop, hope is more then enjoying majestic beauty of nature, it is more then wanting something, it is more then simply instinct or a coping mechanism. No, hope is given to us, created in us, offered to us as a glimpse of love, a glimpse of a narrative, a story.
And this glimpse pushes us to action, to be part of the story to be part of the restoration and narrative that God invites us to join...this hope is full and rich, and we have the joy to change, to grow to be part of something revolutionary to be part of something and someone whose end goal is to restore love to be love... "Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love. Everything is united by it alone. Love is God, and to die means that I, a particle of love, shall return to the general and eternal source." - Leo Tolstoy ... and so I hope.

4 comments:

Joshua Nightingale said...

You should read "The Slumber of Christianity" by Ted Dekker, it talks a LOT about hope

Paul Morgun said...

I am not sure about Ted Dekker Josh...:)

Joshua Nightingale said...

why not?

Paul Morgun said...

I think my theology is a bit different. :)