Thursday, October 25, 2007

Twice in one day?

Today we are having Jr. Youth Small Groups, its a time when we separate our youth into much smaller groups and have them meet in a smaller setting getting to know each other. The purpose is to create an environment where trust and relationships can be developed easier.

For Jr. Youth I have some of my Sr. Youth be sponsors, they help me lead Jr. Youth night, they help me with crowd control (believe me in Jr. Youth you really need it) they help me run games, they help me teach Bible Studies and prepare snacks and clean up. It takes a certain type to be a servant as a gr. 11ener or 12ever, to give up another night a week and serve with a bunch of rowdy Jr. Highers, takes an exceptional youth to do it.

Well today something amazing dawned on me!!! Since this is my 6th year of doing this I have had youth go with me through Jr. High to Sr. High, and one of my ex-Jr.Highers is now a Jr. High sponsor, not that amazing, all of my Jr. High sponsors were my Jr. Highers at one point, what is amazing is the turn around in this girls life! I remember her telling me how she hated youth, and how she didn't want to be there, I remember being so worried for her, and thinking so long to say the 'right' things, and be there...What is amazing, is that today we went over our Bible study with my sponsors they have had it for a few days to be ready, we went over final details and as the Jr. Youth arrived and I did my intro and separated them, this girl now took a group of young girls to lead them! Amazing...Today she is a leader...today has truly been amazing...Today has been a gift, first with Brent as I wrote previously, and now this...what gift...

4 comments:

Renato de Trindade said...

Hello Paul! I admit that I don't understand all the words here, but I can see it's a wounderful blog! Congratulations! We are in a competition, but i taste very to make New Friends all over the World! Jesus loves you and me. Jesus and Faith - The way for the Salvation! Do visit my blog. It's about Religion. You're very welcome! GOD bless you! Your Brazilian Friend from Blogging to Fame, Renato de Trindade.

Paul Morgun said...

thanks for stopping by!

Nathan said...

Hey, so encouraging to hear how things have turned out for you using Sr. Youth as Jr. Youth leaders. I'm in my second year doing the same thing with my Jr. youth program. So far it has been a huge highlight for me and I love working with the Sr. Youth in Jr. Youth, and watching them grow as they have the opportunity to lead and serve.

Paul Morgun said...

Thanks Nathan! All the Best to you man as you serve.