Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bunch of Thoughts...

Wow, has been a while! Well recently I have ruptured my ear drum and do to this spent a good amount of time in pain. But other then the ear thing, things have been really coming together well. We have a youth service this Sunday and the youth are all involved in some capacity, and its very exciting! I love these times of watching our youth share and be part of the story, its very exciting.

I am also in the midst of planning our youth missions trip to Calgary, we have been doing this annually for three years now, and it has been a powerful time for our kids and I to be in a very different context to talk to addicts, and people with mental illnesses, to experience life in the gutter, and to meet people who give their lives working in these conditions restoring humanity to people that have stepped out of it or forgot what humanity is. It's powerful and heavy time, it is very amazing that in these unholy places is exactly where I meet Jesus the easiest.

So there are a lot of good things on the horizon, there are also difficult things there too, its a sea that rages back and forth in ministry maybe better said in life, I used to think I can calm it, or Jesus would calm it, but I have learned to let go, I have learned to be ok with the tossing, to hold on, and go for the ride. I have learned to be ok not to have all the answers, I have learned to trust others, and care about the person more then about the result, I have learned to hope...

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." - 1 Cor. 13-13

No comments: