Thursday, June 04, 2009

On the move...

I have been delaying saying anything on the blog about our move, because there has been way to many emotions and feelings and thoughts to deal with. I am not sure I have sorted through anything yet. But I do know that we are jumping into a new adventure by moving to Vancouver. It is not an easy move, we love our community here. And it is soo hard to uproot and move the family to an unknown.

Jessica will be beginning her studies at Regent College in Vancouver and I will be staying home with the boys and taking a class here and there from Regent as well. It is weird to think that I am going to be done being a Youth Pastor, this is something that I have done just about straight out of college and it something that I love doing. I am going to miss the youth, the sponsors, the church here in our little community. It seems this is what I have done and been for all my adult life, and to take a step back and reflect and refocus is good and healthy, but it is also so hard.

Many people have said such wonderful things to me in the past few weeks, and it has been so affirming and wonderful to have been able to have a privilege to work along side so many in my seven years. I am not even sure what it will look like not to do what I have done for so long. As expected I am still processing a lot of this, and its just weird.

Past weekend was our year end bash for Sr. Youth and it was cool to take it all in and listen to the youth to speak to them and have fun with them. I will miss them very much. Yesterday was our last small group of the year, which was also very hard, and tonight is the final Jr. Youth. I guess all I can ask is that you keep us in your prayers as we begin this transition. The memories I have and the friendships that we have developed are life long, and so I am thankful for this.

*The pictures are just a tiny glimpse of the things I am going to miss...

No comments: