Wednesday, September 16, 2009

This is happening already?

Having just picked up Sasha from his full day of school on Monday, I ask:"How was school?"
Sasha: "Fine"
me: "So what did you do in school?"
Sasha: "Nothing"
me (pause for a bit to think how to get this guy to talk): " Well did you have fun?"
Sasha: "Yeah"
me: "Great so what did you do?"
Sasha: "I don't know"
me: " What do you mean you don't know?"
Sasha: "I don't know"
me: "Well I missed you" (fishing for something)
Sasha: "I know"

Wow I can't believe its already starting, to find out how school was and what he did and whats going on in his life is becoming like pulling teeth. Good thing I am persistent.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I find Avery often can't remember at the end of the day so I ask her what the best thing of the day was and sometimes that gets her talking about other stuff that happened too. I also sometimes ask what the worst thing was. Anything to get them to fill us in on the details!

Paul Morgun said...

That's a great idea Shannon! I will have to try that. How are the reno's coming you guys able to kind of settle in yet? Or still "camping" Hope you guys are settling in!