Friday, June 18, 2010

My boy...

One of the privileges that I had this year is to be at home with my boys, I really can't believe how much they have grown and changed. My two precious boys.

The other day I picked up Sasha from school and was struck how grown up he all the sudden was, walking chatting with his classmates. Sasha is finishing grade one. I don't remember much of my own toddler years but I remember very clearly my grade one, and from then on I remember a lot of things that shaped me...

My little boy is growing, changing, he is a sensitive kid, who loves to play and imagine, he often gets lost in his thoughts... I remember when we brought him home and he laid on my lap and as I looked at him I would wonder about what kind of personality he was going to have, what will he like and dislike...

My boy is growing and in someways seems so grown up, and I love him, and I often think about the things that will shape him outside of our house, the joys and pains that he will face and have to deal with and I worry about this world that might jade him but I know I can't not let him see it, live it and be shaped by it.

My boy is growing, he will become a man, and I will have to let him go. He changed our lives coming into our house such a helpless, precious little bundle. His arrival changed me forever, he is a gift; a precious gift

I love you my boy...

6 comments:

Kelly said...

love this post! and that sweet boy!

Paul Morgun said...

Thanks Kelly!

Anonymous said...

You made me cry!! What a wonderful father you are, Happy Father's Day!!
Love mom and dad Wall

Paul Morgun said...

thanks mom and dad!

highestform said...

What a great post - made me all teary too!
Love you and happy Fathers Day!

L.L. Barkat said...

I like that picture. What a totally cool lollipop.

Tender sentiments (not about the lollipop :).