Thursday, October 16, 2014

Tom's Story // #TryAlpha

I suppose I should update this blog, for those that may accidently stop by... I have recently began work with Alpha Canada, this new beginning is still fresh and full of anticipation and excitement of what God has in store in this ministry.  What is Alpha?  Well it is a tool for the local church, a resource, a model to help churches become invitational, to help churches create space for people to ask life's questions and to wrestle with the answers or lack there of... it is exciting and energizing to be part of something that is seeking to be genuine and honest about faith and life.

As I continue my MA in counselling and work with Alpha I am constantly reminded how fortunate I am to be able to be a part of so many great things and how gracious and gentle Jesus has been with me in my journey.  So I drudge on, seeking, crawling, walking, running and stumbling sometimes all at once it seems, and as I do, I hold to the promise that God has given us; "Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jer. 29:12,13 NIV)

Here is a promo for Alpha:

No comments: